When a property owner receives a Homestead exemption or agricultural classification for which they are no longer entitled, it is deemed to be non-compliant and an abuse of the law.
If you know of a property in Orange County currently receiving a tax reduction from a Homestead exemption or agricultural classification, which you believe it should not be receiving, we urge you to report the abuse by clicking here or calling our Exemption Fraud Hotline at (407) 836-5046.
You may remain anonymous. If you wish to be contacted, you may leave your name and telephone number, but it is not required.
When you call, please leave us a message with the following information, if known:
For Homestead Exemption Fraud:
- The address of the property in question.
- Whether the property is occupied or vacant.
- Whether the property is a rental or a vacation home.
- Name of person(s) occupying the property.
- The length of time since the owner has lived at the property.
- The address where you believe the owner may now be living.
For Agricultural Classification Fraud:
- The address or specific location of the property.
- The nature of the fraud (such as: “there have been no cattle on this pasture in two years”).
- Any other available information such as the owner name or parcel ID number. (This can be found by conducting a Map Search from our homepage.)
Abuse of the law affects all taxpayers. So again, thank you for reporting this.
One of my investigators will research this complaint promptly.
RICK SINGH, CFA
Orange County Property Appraiser