Public Information Award
Orange County Property Appraiser's Office Awarded the International 2008 Public
Information Program Award
I'm thrilled to announce our agency was recently awarded the International 2008
Public Information Program Award by the International Association of Assessing Officers
This award is given to assessment offices that have developed and implemented a
fully operational and effective system for the dissemination to taxpayers of information
about the assessment process.
The IAAO recognized this office for its development of numerous innovative web tools.
The IAAO recognized these on-line tools for:
- Meeting the service needs of property owners and other users of the site.
- Promoting transparency in the assessment process.
- And, for lowering operational cost for the agency.
Among the tools recognized by the IAAO were:
- The Property Appraiser's E-file Homestead application - a first of its kind in the
State of Florida.
- On-line sales analysis tools.
Detailed GIS mapping information with ArcGIS server caching technology for fast
delivery of aerial images - a first for any assessment office nationwide.
And, other tools to visualize value trends or easily calculate complex future tax
We are always working on enhancements to this site and examining new technologies
to provide you, the user, added value.